You have no items in your shopping cart.
Citizen's warranty program is designed to provide real value to our customers and a strong competitive advantage to our retailers. All our brands are supported by an unparalleled warranty program and an excellent after-sales service centre.
5 Year Limited Warranty – Quartz, Eco-Drive and Promaster
This Warranty applies to all Citizen Quartz, Eco-Drive and Promaster watches. Every Citizen Quartz, Eco-Drive and Promaster watch purchased in Australia, New Zealand, Republic of South Africa and the South Pacific Islands from a Citizen Authorised Dealer, is accompanied by a Five Year Limited Warranty valid from the date of purchase.
Included in the first year of this Warranty is a one year International Guarantee.
If the watch exhibits a defect in workmanship or material that is not a major failure, Citizen will, at its option, either regulate, adjust, repair, or replace the movement, as necessary within a reasonable time after the watch is returned during the warranty period.
We recommend a Citizen Watch in need of service be taken to a CITIZEN authorised service centre. Any damage caused by repairs or alterations by unauthorised technicians may void your warranty.
Your warranty coupon must be filled out completely. To do this you will need the Calibre/Case Number, the Manufacturer's Serial Number and the Model Number.
Citizen's unparalleled warranty program and excellent after sales service is designed to support our retailers in providing superior quality and lasting value to our customers.
For watches sent in under warranty, Citizen commits to repair within 45 working days of receipting your watch into our repair centre, should the spares be readily available. If the spares are to be order / manufactured from the suppliers, this could take up to 3 months dependant on production turnaround times.
For watches sent in outside of the warranty period, Citizen will provide a written quotation for the repair job. Upon acceptance of the final quotation, Citizen will commence the repair process with the aim of completing the repair as soon as possible, but is contingent on parts availability.
1. Damage, accidental or otherwise, to the watch while in the possession of a consumer not caused by a defect in material or workmanship;
2. Damage caused by consumer misuse, tampering, or failure to follow the care and special handing provisions in the instructions;
3. Damage to the finish of the case, crystal, bracelet, strap, or other appearance parts such as glass, crown and stem caused by wear, accidental damage and/or misuse. This also excludes any damage caused to the power cell being replaced by a non-Citizen authorised repairer;
4. Moisture damage to a watch not marked 'water resistant' on the case back;
5. Damage caused by the consumer's failure to have the watch serviced, at the consumer's expense, in accordance with the following schedule of regular maintenance:
6. Power cells must be replaced immediately when power is lost;
7. Water resistant watches should be tested and resealed every three years or whenever the battery in replaced, whichever comes first;
8. Damage caused by repairs or alterations of the watch by anyone other than other than one of the worldwide service centres listed in the booklet.
Watch repairs take anywhere from 2 to 3 weeks. If we need to source parts from other countries, lead time is 4-6 weeks. There is no cost involved in checking or assessing your watch.
1. Citizen Watches Australia or its Authorised Service Centres reserve the right to charge you for postage, insurance and any other associated costs as may be incurred outside the normal repair costs under the guarantee; and
2. For those customers requiring their watch to be repaired in countries other than those where the purchase was originally made, repair services are available though it is to be acknowledged that it might take somewhat longer than normal and by default the 45 Day Guarantee becomes invalid and relinquished by you.
3. The power cell (battery) in Quartz watches is a service power cell (battery) inserted before shipment of the watch from the country of origin and there may be cases where the life of the power cell (battery) is shorter than that specified in the instruction manual.
4. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.